Aqara RTCGQ11LM 'There was an error saving the device."

Hi there!

I’m trying to add Aqara RTCGQ11LM sensors.

They are discovered in Gladys, but I can’t save them. I’ve got this error:
There was an error saving the device.
handleMqttMessage.js:110

In Zigbee2MQTT they are paired successfully and working. No errors in the logs there.

In the logs of Docker I only see a warning:
Zigbee2mqtt device not configured in Gladys.

Any clues on how to solve this? Or point me to more ways to debug?

/ Edit: used a translator for the French forum. Problem is 2 attributes with the same name. Couldn’t fix it in mqtt server though.
Did the post editing in console hack.
Should be nice to have the luminance working though.

Hey! Indeed there is a double feature with the same name that create this error

Did it work with the console hack?

I think we’ll publish a fix to correct this even if the error is coming from Z2M

Yes, it works. Asking for updates though.

I meant maybe we can exclude one attributes in the z2m environment. If you go to the device, then settings tab, there is a section to filter out published topics. Maybe it can be done there too in stead of the console hack.

I worked on a PR to exclude duplicate features:

I’m waiting for reviewers, after that it could be deployed soon in Gladys

1 Like

It’s fixed in Gladys Assistant 4.39 :

1 Like

Big thnx!

A little bug:
There remains an update for the device in the Discover menu. Of you click it, it’s gone with no errors. But it shows up again after a refresh.

Probably because Z2M still sees a difference (2 attributes) when talking to Gladys and then it pushes an update notice.
Probably needs fixing on the Z2M side too?

Maybe put the fix in the update check mechanism too. Downside is a lot of unnecessary traffic between the instances.

Thanks @iZi !

Indeed, there is still this.

I will see what I can do, but indeed in the long term this is a Z2M bug, not a Gladys bug, we are doing some “hacks” to fix it but I would love to see this fixed in Z2M ^^

Created a Github issue:

1 Like

@iZi Just to confirm that this bug was fully fixed in Gladys Assistant 4.41 :slight_smile:

1 Like