TP-Link devices are not discoverable

Hi all!

Unfortunately this feels similar to my previous issue with the hue bulbs. I’m not able to discover any of my TP-Link devices despite having them working with the TP-link app. As my as my physical setup I have my server connected directly to my wireless router via ethernet.

This is my docker-compose file

services:
  gladys:
    container_name: gladys
    image: gladysassistant/gladys:v4
    network_mode: host # Host network as it needs to scan it for devices
    privileged: true
    volumes:
      - /data/gladysassistant:/data/gladysassistant
      - /dev:/dev
      - /run/udev:/run/udev
      - /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock

I am referencing it in another compose file.

include:
  - gladys/docker-compose.yml

services

networks:
  default:
    external: true
    name: internal-home

Is there any way to change the logging level or something along those lines to get more information?

Hey!

I don’t know if it helps, but the Gladys integration is based on this Node.js library to discovery TP-Link devices :

Maybe check if their docs mention any way of finding those devices :slight_smile:

Thanks Pierre! Seems I can access them directly but even when using the libraries CLI discovery doesn’t work. Browsing their github it might be something with my firewall. I’ll update if I find a solution :slight_smile:

1 Like

Alright! Didn’t get around to it for a bit but figured it out! So root issue was apparently with an install of Rocky Linux it comes with firewalld which was messing with the discovery of the TP-Link devices. So I had to open up a range of ports since the tp-smarthome-api client disovery function doesn’t define a port in it’s config (optional param). Would it make sense to allow some advanced config for the integration to allow specifying a port?

Sure why not! Do you think you could open a PR on our Github ? :slight_smile:

Sure, I’ll take a stab at it :slight_smile:

1 Like