I talked about it at the beginning of the year, one of my short term goals was to make a “user experience” pass on Gladys, to make it easier to use.
I worked a lot on the dashboard this last week, in order to answer the different feedbacks that were often made: impossible to re-order the dashboards, impossible to move a widget from one column to another, button on mobile not very practical, etc…
I am happy to present…
The new dashboard
- The list of dashboards is now re-orderable, with a simple drag and drop
- Widgets in columns are easily reordered, also with drag and drop
- Mobile display is more compact, and more “worked”.
- The user path has been redesigned for new users
- When the dashboard selector is open, a click next to it closes it
Addition of an AQI type
An “AQI” type (Air Quality Index) has been added to Gladys:
It is available via MQTT integration for now
Thanks @VonOx for the PR
Bug fixes / improvements
- The Zigbee2mqtt integration will now launch containers with an option to limit the size of logs kept locally, this is to avoid overloading your instances. Existing containers will be restarted with the option.
- The “Tasks in the background” tab will no longer show dates in “NaN” on Safari and Firefox. Thanks @cicoub13 for the PR
- Fixed a bug on Caldav integration if a user was updating a calendar during a sync. Thanks @bertrandda for the PR
- The “Sharing” tab in the Caldav integration now better explains what sharing calendars in Gladys is all about.
When I released Gladys v4.16.0, I quickly noticed a regression on the “Full screen” button that had disappeared (this was a mistake on my part during my tests).
I immediately released Gladys Assistant v4.16.1 which corrects this problem.
The complete CHANGELOG is available here .
How to upgrade
If you have installed Gladys with the official Raspberry Pi OS image, your instances will update automatically in the next few hours. This can take up to 24 hours, so don’t panic.
If you installed Gladys with Docker, check that you are using Watchtower (See the documentation )