Gladys Assistant v4.26.1: Mosquitto fixed at v2.0.15, Google Home, graph improved

Hi everyone!

I hope you had (or are having) a good summer vacation :sun_with_face:

On my side, I came back from holidays last Friday on Gladys and I’ve just published today an update with some fixes.

Mosquitto (MQTT) version fixed at 2.0.15

Mosquitto has released a new version of its MQTT broker, and this version suffers from a few bugs that for some of you prevent the use of MQTT and Zigbee2mqtt integration.

In Gladys, I’ve decided to freeze the version at 2.0.15 for the time being while the problems persist.

If you are affected by the problems, after the update you may need to go back to the interface and re-enter the password for the MQTT integration, or restart the Zigbee2mqtt integration to overwrite your Mosquitto configuration file.

Managing the temperature of a Zigbee lamp in Google Home

Ikea Tradfi bulbs sometimes have white bulbs where the temperature of the white is adjustable (from cold to warm).

Google Home manages this temperature in Kelvin, whereas Zigbee manages these temperatures in Mired.

This conversion step didn’t exist in Gladys, so I added it to enable control of these Ikea Tradfi.

For your information, the Tradki IKEA connected LED bulbs are available from 9.99€ per bulb at Ikea, (without temperature control), or 12.99€ with temperature control, so it’s a great deal, close to the price of “classic” LED bulbs for very good quality bulbs.

Updating the graphics library

We’re using ApexCharts in Gladys, a library that generates graphs to display curves on the dashboard:

Several users have reported bugs related to this library, and a recent version of this lib has been released that fixes some of the bugs. So I’ve updated it!

A few other fixes:

• The chat height is now dynamic and expands according to your screen size. Thanks @cicoub13 for the fix!
  • Correction of spelling mistakes in the LAN-Manager integration. Thanks @qleg for the PR!
  • Stability fix in NextCloud Talk integration. Thanks @bertrandda for the PR!

The complete changelog is available here .

How to upgrade

If you have installed Gladys with the official Raspberry Pi OS image, your instances will update automatically in the next few hours. This can take up to 24 hours, so don’t panic.

If you installed Gladys with Docker, check that you are using Watchtower (See the documentation )