I have lots of news for you today
Home page design
I wasn’t satisfied with the current homepage of the site, and I’ve been working on a complete redesign for a while.
- The page is more complete : I explain the key features of Gladys ( with small videos ), the philosophy of the project, the compatible integrations.
- The page is updated : I updated the screenshots with the new features of Gladys ( Graphics, time display, Ecowatt integration, air quality sensors, etc… ). The media on the page are available in French AND in English. It was a lot of work ^^
- The community aspect is highlighted with user testimonials at the bottom of the page. If you want to add your testimonial about Gladys, you can put it in reply to this post and I will add it to the site
- I’ve added a “FAQ” at the bottom of the page to answer various questions that are often asked when you arrive on Gladys. If you have ideas of questions/answers to add, do not hesitate.
The updated site can be found here :
Thanks to @lmilcent @tiboys @guim31 @Tlse-vins and @jparbel for the testimonials
Gladys Assistant 4.20 : Enedis integration in public beta !
For users in France, Gladys can now connect to Enedis API to retrieve and display your electricity consumption in Gladys You can read more on the french forum: Gladys Assistant 4.20 & Redesign du site Gladys Assistant 💅 - Actualités - Communauté Gladys Assistant
Zigbee2mqtt bug fix
This update fixes the Zigbee2mqtt bug that some of you noticed during the last Gladys updates.
The issue was that we didn’t have any retention on Mosquitto server, and Zigbee2mqtt was publishing “retained” MQTT messages to the broker, messages that were lost during a restart.
The bug is now fixed in v4.20.
Fixed a display bug on the dashboard
Many of you have reported the bug, the dropdown list in the box “room devices” was sometimes hidden in height by the fixed bar at the bottom of the screen.
This bug is now fixed
Fixed a bug on the MQTT integration
On the MQTT integration, a bug could happen in some cases and display “********” instead of the password, even when you click on the “Show password” button.
This bug has been fixed by @AlexTrovato, thanks
Work in progress
- I’m still working on the live camera display on the dashboard
- I’ll probably do a bugfix/UX pass once the “live camera” feature is out
The complete CHANGELOG is available here .
How to upgrade
If you have installed Gladys with the official Raspberry Pi OS image, your instances will update automatically in the next few hours. This can take up to 24 hours, so don’t panic.
If you installed Gladys with Docker, check that you are using Watchtower (See the documentation )