I’m back from vacation this week, and I unpacked everything that was pending, and there are some nice gem
Not everything is in this release ( there were a lot of PRs! ), but these 2 features were in my opinion ready to go. The rest will come in a future version
Native management of buttons with single/double/release pressure
From now on, Gladys natively manages snap buttons (Xiaomi type), which allow to launch actions by pressing single, double, etc…
From now on, Gladys displays all available actions:
In the interface, the actions are displayed natively:
Thanks to @atrovato for this development which will greatly improve the experience on Gladys
Until now, the Zigbee2mqtt integration was not saved in Gladys, because I remind you, Zigbee2mqtt is a separate project from Gladys.
But it was not very easy for a user to understand how to restore Zigbee2mqtt on a new instance in case of change of home automation box!
From now on, Gladys will save once a day Zigbee2mqtt in the Gladys database, and when restoring on another instance (either by manually moving the Gladys DB, or via a Gladys Plus restore), Zigbee2mqtt will be restored automatically
In Gladys, in the “Background Tasks” tab, you should find a once-a-day task that should be successful if Gladys has successfully backed up Zigbee2mqtt.
Thanks to @atrovato for this development!
On my end, I’m working on several big things:
- Deployment of the Enedis integration in alpha: I’m looking for a Gladys Plus user who could give me access to his Enedis account for the last tests: Enedis-Linky integration - #75 by pierre-gilles
- Displaying a live camera video stream on the dashboard
- Switching from GPT-3 API to ChatGPT API using the “turbo” model for instant responses, and especially to divide the costs of this API by 10, which will allow me to give much more credits to Gladys users
I am willing to get help on several topics:
- OpenWeather service is still broken for new users, need to integrate their new API: OpenWeather API changed, needs to change API call in Gladys · Issue #1695 · GladysAssistant/Gladys · GitHub
- I’m always willing to help with the “Compatibility” page of the site. There is no development skill to have to help, a browser and some common sense is enough. To help: How to feed the compatibility list on the site?
- There are quite a few small bugs that have been reported over the last few weeks. I’ll do a bugfix pass at some point, but before that I’d like to finish all the big projects I started several months ago. If anyone wants to help : Issues · GladysAssistant/Gladys · GitHub
The complete CHANGELOG is available here.
How to upgrade
If you have installed Gladys with the official Raspberry Pi OS image, your instances will update automatically in the next few hours. This can take up to 24 hours, so don’t panic.
If you installed Gladys with Docker, check that you are using Watchtower (See the documentation )